Thursday, May 5, 2011

radio silence

My apologies for the radio blog silence. There has been a lot going on over here...

Unfortunately --with the whirlwind of activity-- I'm a little 'over' posting about it. Having lived it, I don't feel like regurgitating all of it in blog posts. Which makes me a bad blogger. I know this.

It's just a phase. I'll get over it, and I'll be back to regular postings soon. In the meantime, maybe you'll like like a Clif's Notes version of what I should be posting about.




I should write a post about how the fireplace went in on Monday. And I really really should write a post about the fireplace fiasco (not our fault) and how it was supposed to go in on Friday.




I should write a post about how the french doors went in. And then got taken out. And now they're back in.


I should also write a post about appliances. I should tell you the pros and cons of each brand, and I should definitely include information about price differences and rebates, but... blah! I'd rather just tell you that we're thisclose to ordering a few things...



I should write a post about the wood flooring going in upstairs.


And I should really, really write a post about how we're not going to make our May 31st timeline. In fact, I will write more about this topic soon.

 But not now.

9 comments:

  1. It's a big project, and it looks like there's been a lot of (painstaking) progress! You're a better blogger than me, because I won't even write the post-about-what-I'm-not-posting-about, and I have good stuff like free lumber to share! The fireplace looks amazing, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Sounds like A LOT has gone down. Despite the few fiascos, the fireplace and french doors look beautiful! Sorry about the end-of-May deadline. That sux :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. with big projects it is almost always expected that the deadline is impossible to meet. With so many things going on, things are bound to not work out the way you want them. All that to say: don't be upset about the deadline... it is just part of renovating :)) everything is looking absolutely gorgeous, focus on that! :) and don't worry about the blog, we're not going anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously want you to write a post about appliances. I'm dreading choosing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Kim~
    Sometimes I think I should just do one of those 'wordless' posts, and let the photos speak for themselves. Thanks for the compliments on the fireplace -- I love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Carrie~
    Thanks for the encouragement and the sympathy. We'll get there...eventually...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ NK~
    The good news is that we have got a LOT accomplished, since we were pushing so hard to be done by June. Thx for your comment about not worrying about the blog -- sometimes (often) I have to remind myself that blogging is not a top priority, and that it's 'okay' to get to bed at a decent hour instead of post something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Kim @ NewlyWoodwards~
    Alright, alright. I will write a post on appliances, but you'll have to wait a week or so. I'm juggling a couple of other things right now 4's birthday party + a baby shower for my sis) so I don't have the time or energy.

    Warning: it will probably be WAY too wordy. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not easy such a large project and everyone always goes into it (including the contractors) with a certain finish date and most of the time that's not how it ends up. You'll get there and you'll get over the bumps and end up with a great house...and you'll post when you feel like posting, remember that if it's forced it probably won't be what you wanted to write anyway. Crossing my fingers for all the next big steps.

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...