Tuesday, April 5, 2011

inspiration :: a mash up

Since the very beginning of the renovation process, I have been asked what 'style' we are going for. Are we going for a 'Pottery Barn aesthetic'? Shabby chic? What? This is my best attempt, via a post, to show what 'style' we are trying to achieve.

The following is a mash-up (hello Glee fans!) of all our inspiration photos and images. They are a good representation of 'the look' that we are going for.

Click on the links to read the full post.
 



a new front door
read full post



a new perimeter
read full post


window seat + lighting
read full post


a new kind of dining room table
read full post



Do you get a sense for our style?

10 comments:

  1. I love your style! Modern, yet comfortable at the same time. Thanks for stopping by today, definitely send your friend my link. I would love to help. How is the Airstream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first image of the front door... Sometimes I regret living in such a cold climate, where a lot of our choices are guided by practicality vs. prettiness :) and I'm not just talking design wise...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this post has me feeling homesick for the years I lived in the Bay Area. This contemporary Californian design just isn't all that common in New England. I love the wide open spaces, clean lines, modern furnishings and how the focus is on bringing the outside in. Now I'm even more excited to see how your remodel turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Elizabeth~
    The Airstream's good. We're planning our first trip for Easter weekend, but we're going somewhere close-by. That way, if all else fails, we can just go home. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ NK~
    I have never lived in really cold weather, and I imagine that it would be very, very difficult. I admire you for enduring it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Carrie~
    Where in the Bay Area did you live?! And oh yes, we have SUCH BIG PLANS to bring the outside in. I can't wait to start entertaining again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the sort of style I hope to bring to my wonderful (not yet bought!) Portugal home!

    Perfect for warmer climates :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I wanted to have a fence like that, but ours is still in good enough shape that we can't justify replacing it. I have an original 1950s door and my plan this summer is to restore it, rather than getting a different one. I've not seen anything I like to date.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen,
    We used to live in Oakland, near downtown and Lake Merritt :)

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...