Sunday, April 3, 2011

the DIY balance :: home depot kids club



By far, the highlight of the weekend was the Home Depot Kid's Club. For those of you with kids, you have got to look into this. Especially if you want your kids to grow up with that DIY spirit.



what is up with that girl's smile?!

On the first Saturday of every month, Home Depot offers a FREE woodworking class for children. The kids are given their own orange Home Depot aprons, and they earn a badge each time they complete a project.







This month's project was a planter box.


John couldn't make it, so I took the kids to build their projects. On the ride over to Home Depot, 7 mentioned that he really wanted to build these projects with Daddy. So as much as I want to be a part of these workshops, I think it's a great opportunity for John and the kids. I will tear myself away, and find something to do with an hour of free time.  Ha!

For more information on the Home Depot Kids Workshops, click here. I believe it is available at every Home Depot location, but I'm not 100% positive.


I am linking this post to the Good Life Wednesdays Linky Party at A Beach Cottage. Be sure to check out the goodness over there!

6 comments:

  1. Glad that you stumbled across my blog Karen! Look forward to checking out your blog! I'm going to go look into whether these are offered in my city - who doesn't need an hour of kid-free time at Home Depot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darn cool! I wish I was a kid so I could go. I wonder if I could pass for 12.

    And that smile is totally cracking me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, looks like a lot of fun! I wish there was something like this available when I was a kid...although I do have fun memories of "helping" my dad with weekend projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool... my husband and I were only talking about how kids need to make more stuff and stop playing computer games all day long... what a great initiative!

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always see the postings for this and look at our Baby and think...one day I will so drag him to this! :) Good to know the kids like it! I am starting him off early!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!

    ReplyDelete

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...